Date:      Mon, 12 Oct 2015 04:19:43 +1100
From:      Andrew Clancy <andrews.freebsd.emails@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to edit daemon.c to work on iMac

Hi Everyone,

I have acquired an old iMac and installed FreeBSD 10.1 RELEASE on it. I am
a programming novice and have been searching google for a way to get a
console screensaver for the iMac.

I came across an old post dated

*Thu Dec 20 10:20:50 PST 2007 *
I followed the thread but am still a bit confused. The following is taken
from a post on

*Thu Dec 20 21:02:48 PST 2007*

>* It already works with:
*>*     device    splash
*>*     device    blank_saver
*
  An unexpected syscons success story :) I got a bit excited and tried
to build daemon saver, only to hit a few compile errors and unresolved
symbols. Easy to fix though.

  With all this syscons excitement, the other obvious piece missing is
the s/w mouse cursor. It's possible to select regions, though useless
since the cursor can't be seen. Another piece that would be easy to fix
for those sufficiently motivated.

I am wondering what the compile errors were? The Daemon saver is on
all of my FreeBSD systems
 and would like to get it working on the iMac as well.

I can read C but am new to modifying parts of FreeBSD.

any help would be appreciated.

Andrew.