Date:      Tue, 13 Jan 2015 15:55:14 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Intel Pro/1000 PT Quad Port - not 'seen' on Proliant DL320e Gen8 v2?

Hi,

We've got a number of Gen8 v2 proliants - and a bunch of Intel Pro/1000 PT
quad port cards (PCI-Express based, full height).

However - these aren't "seen" when put into the Proliants? - Anyone seen
similar?

Ironically - from what I can see the cards are on the HCL for the Proliant
(and, obviously on the Supported Hardware for FreeBSD).

Weirder - if I put the same card into one of our older Tylersburg based
systems - it can see it fine.

Move it back to any of the Haswell based Gen8's - and it's gone. Try a
different card (we have a bunch) - same behaviour. Try a different Proliant
- same issue.

Put the card back in the Tylersburg based machine (SuperMicro) - it works.

Any one seen similar / able to offer any hope / suggestions?

Thanks,

-Karl