Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 2015 21:10:27 +0530
From:      Sibananda Sahu <sibananda.sahu@avagotech.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@freebsd.org>, scottl@freebsd.org
Subject:   scsi_scan_bus in FreeBSD 10.1 has mutex unlock and lock swapped

Hi,

Recently I was working with mpslsi3 driver and found that the system just
crashed at xpt_action() call.

After digging a little into the CAM layer code I found that:

inside scsi_scan_bus()at line number: 1935 first mutex_unlock(mtx) is
called and then at line 1974 called mtx_lock(mtx) just before exiting the
XPT_SCAN_BUS case.

I just swapped the calls and called mutex_lock() first and then called
mutex_unlock() and found there is no kernel panic.

Driver was loaded just fine but after a while I was unable to operate the
system.

But pinging to the system was working and the system was up.

Is it OK or it looks to be a bug?

Thanks,

Sibananda Sahu