Date:      Mon, 01 Jun 2015 13:56:09 +0500
From:      "Eugene M. Zheganin" <emz@norma.perm.ru>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD, HP Smart Array controllers and stuff

Hi.

I just wanted to ask - how do you guys deal with Smart Array controllers
? Do you install Linux/Solaris on these servers (I do), because FreeBSD
doesn't have an utility to watch after the raid (I'm aware that it used
to have one, first it was just fine, then it was required to do a lot of
stuff to use it, and nowadays it's finally noy useable with new
firmware)? Same thing about the cciss driver - Linux has the hpsa one,
for like 6 years. It's called "opensource" by HP, so I guess the sources
are available (I'm aware that porting it to FreeBSD may and would be a
hell of a work, but still). Another question (for me at least) is wht we
even have a HP Smart Array driver - seems to be purely of academic
interest without an utility. But may be I miss something (yeah,  know
that some guys create r0 units from each disk but this still seems weird
to me).

May be a kickstarter project or something like it would help ? Or this
is condemned from the start, because HP won't cooperate ?

Thanks.
Eugene.