Date:      Tue, 12 Jul 2016 14:24:29 +0430
From:      Hamidreza Hasheminejad <ha.hasheminejad@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot problem hangs at Pci0: <ACPI PCI BUS> on PCI 0

Hi there,

I'm trying to install Freebsd 10.3 (amd64) on Thunder h2000M (S3992) (it is
an old motherboard) but it hangs at this line.

*Pci0: <ACPI PCI BUS> on PCI 0*

(The complete message in both verbose enabled and normal boot is attached
to this mail)

I have tried different situations as described bellow but none of them
doesn't help.

1. I tried to disable ACPI on the motherboard BIOS, but during the boot it
shows this error.

*panic: running without device atpic requires a local APIC*

2. Disabling ACPI in the boot option was also unsuccessful with the same
error as mentioned above.

I've done so many research about this problem and especially ACPI. I found
that it may be because of interrupts on the old motherboards and it needs
special kernel module or need to define IRQ manually. (I don't know)

It is also good to know that i386 version of Freebsd 10.3 works fine on
this machine.

Any kind of help is quite appreciated.

--
Best Regards