Date:      Sun, 26 Jun 2016 11:59:04 -0400
From:      "Thomas Laus" <lausts@acm.org>
To:        Ralf Wenk <iz-rpi03@hs-karlsruhe.de>, FreeBSD ARM <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: 'urtwn' & 'urtwnfw' Devices Unknown in r302145

Ralf:

I found that the entire /sys/conf/files section for the 'urtwn' USB network
device was completely missing on my FreeBSD 11 installation.  I copied that
section from my FreeBSD 10 Release computer and changed the directories to
match the new file location.  My kernel compiles with the 'urtwn' and
'urtwnfw' devices but ifconfig still doesn't start my USB network device.
The DMESG shows the correct model number of the EDIMAX N150 device but
ifconfig still thinks that this device is not present.  I also tried a Belkin
device that uses the same Realtek 8188US chip with the same results.  I added
the license ack to /boot/loader.conf as well.

It looks like there is still some work required to make this device operate
with FreeBSD 11.

Tom

--
Public Keys: