Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:16:38 -0500
From:      Jeremiah Lott <jlott@averesystems.com>
To:        freebsd-cloud@freebsd.org
Subject:   EC2 Advanced Networking in HEAD

I'm having very inconsistent results using the latest 11.0-CURRENT snapshot
AMI "FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT-amd64-2016-01-22 (ami-0b95716b)". A pretty high
percentage of the time (I'd say at least 50%), networking does not work
when I create an instance. I am using various r3 instance types in the
us-west-2b AZ. Sometimes when I create an instance, everything works fine
and I get a DHCP lease for my ixv0 device. Other times, ixv0 is probed, but
I never get a DHCP offer (which was the broken behavior from before).
Changing the instance type or stopping/stopping the instance can switch an
instance's NIC from "working" to "non-working" and vice-versa. However, I'm
not convinced it has to do with instance type per-se (changing instance
type changes a lot of things about the underlying hardware). Anyone else
successfully using this latest AMI? Since advanced networking is on by
default now, I'd expect others who are using the AMI to see problems as
well.

  Jeremiah Lott
  Avere Systems