Date:      Sun, 10 Apr 2016 11:19:17 +0200
From:      Rodomar 705 <rodomar705@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to enable allow.socket_af in jail

Sorry for bothering, but after one hour of reading I still can't find a
solution for this problem.

I'm trying to run a Linux game server inside a jail itself, for added
security. The server itself run great on the host system itself. I'm using
ezjail to manage the jail subsystem itself.

After installing linux_base, the server start up just fine, until to the
point where it needs to fire up the network port, and crashing with

(NetworkException) cannot create socket: 93 - Protocol not supported

First i was thinking that allow_raw_sockets was what missing, after messing
with my configuration, i was able to make it work. No dice. After reading
the jail configuration, expecially under the allow section configuration,
it was clear to me that was missing were allow.socket_af. Tried with the
same parameter used with the first one, no dice. Tried adding sysvipc,
taken by some comments online, no dice. Adding one to the parameters (even
if wasn't making any sense since the other two was enabled without), no
dice.

Can anyone explain me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your time, i'll leave the config below.

In configuration file inside /usr/local/etc/ezjail/<jailname>:

export jail_<jailname>_parameters="allow.raw_sockets allow.socket_af=1
allow.sysvipc"

Result from sudo jexec <jid> sysctl security.jail | egrep
'(allow_raw|sysvipc_allowed|socket_af)':

security.jail.param.allow.socket_af: 0
security.jail.allow_raw_sockets: 1
security.jail.sysvipc_allowed: 1