Date:      Sun, 27 Dec 2015 10:41:42 +0000
From:      Anant Kamath <kamathanant@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   [RT5350] Unable to login on an HLK-RM04

Hi,

I was trying to get FreeBSD to work on a HiLink HLK-RM04 which has a RT5350
SoC (and 32MB RAM, 8MB Flash) for the past couple of weeks in my free time.
OpenWRT has so far worked splendidly on this.

I had tried the RT305X kernel (which booted after removing the BOOTP
options) but couldn't get my mfsroot image to mount.

Then I was genuinely surprised when a new RT5350 conf and other bits got
added just a couple of days ago (and then I found this mailing list and the
other threads about it).

So I tried the new kernconf (configured with MFS_IMAGE and GEOM_UNCOMPRESS)
with a mfsroot image created using Adrian Chadd's freebsd-wifi-buiild and
tftpbooted it.
(I also had to do this:
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-wifi-build/issues/9)

The md0.ulzma image gets mounted, however the prompt ends here:

ifconfig: interface bridge0 does not exist
bridge0: done
*** inetd
*** Done!

Output on the terminal freezes here.
(Full boot message here : http://pastebin.com/gkkBsJDn)

Is the init complete at this point? I'm not getting any login prompt after
this.
How does one access the console from here (over serial)?

Also, I understand that this rt5350 support is work-in-progress, and would
love to help with the effort.

Regards,
Anant Kamath