Date:      Sun, 31 Jul 2016 12:37:34 -0700
From:      Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Net <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IWN issue in 11-BETA3

This morning I updated my laptop system to 11-BETA3. The WiFi card uses iwn:
iwn0@pci0:3:0:0:        class=0x028000 card=0x13118086 chip=0x00858086
rev=0x34$
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = 'Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [Taylor Peak]'
    class      = network

At boot time the interface takes a very long time to associate and dhclient
fails to get an address for it. I have 'ifconfig_wlan0="WPA SYNCDHCP"' in
/etc/rc.conf, but that did nto help. After the startup, the interface was
associated, but had no address other than link-local and no routes.

I did "service dhclient restart wlan0" which assigned the address and that
resolved hte issue until I reboot.

Is this a known issue? Should I open a bug report? This would leave me in a
bad position should I ever need to reboot the system remotely or should it
crash when I am not near the system.
E-mail: rkoberman@gmail.com