Date:      Wed, 5 Oct 2016 14:21:15 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Jules Gilbert <repeatable_compression@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-security@freebsd.org" <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   isn't this the worst possible report??

Well maybe worse, that the deal with AT&T for the BSD franchise has fallen =
apart...
Okay, so I have a FreeBSD 10.1 CD-ROM,=C2=A0 believed to be a true copy and=
 authentic copy.
And I loaded it on a computer.=C2=A0 I did this entirely offline.=C2=A0 I a=
lso supplied passwords.

Then I went online to get packages.
Nothing unusual happened UNTIL the machine seized and when I rebooted I dis=
covered it would hang and reboot.=C2=A0 A loop.
I had done nothing to cause this.=C2=A0 I had not opened an X session nor d=
one anything other than load packages such as maxima, cproto.=C2=A0 Nothing=
 involved in the area of security.

I had thought this was pretty much impossible...=C2=A0 Remember, this machi=
ne was brand new, I'd loaded FBSD-10.1 on it no more than an hour prior and=
 had not messed with any of the internals.