Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 2015 23:07:42 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Ryan Stone <rysto32@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-transport@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Extending FIBs to support multi-tenancy

> On 18 Dec 2015, at 22:26 , Ryan Stone <rysto32@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> My employer is going through the process of extending our product to
> support multi-tenant networking.  The details of what are product does
> isn't really relevant to the discussion -- it's enough to know that we =
have
> a number of daemons acting as servers for various network protocols.
> Multi-tenacy, as we've defined the feature, imposes the requirement =
that
> our network services be able to communicate with clients from =
completely
> independent networks. This has imposed the following new requirements =
on us:

Stupid question:  if we=E2=80=99d bring back the original feature that =
processes could attached to different VNET/VIMAGE stacks would that =
solve some more of your problems without making the list of problems (a =
lot [thinking of ifp management]) longer and be a way cleaner solution?

It=E2=80=99s something that=E2=80=99s been in the back of some of our =
heads and probably help a lot more people.  We=E2=80=99d need to be =
careful to be able to support both modes (jail with the =E2=80=9Csecurity=E2=
=80=9D view) and the other mode with the multi-tenancy-single-daemon in =
mind (think of routers as well for example).

/bz=