Date:      Sun, 3 Jul 2016 02:42:46 +0100
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB and loader.conf hints

Hi,

Is it possible to wire a disk device to a particular USB port
via loader.conf hints?

My problem is that my root device appears via USB.  If I leave my 3g
dongle attached, then it competes for the root device for what gets
da0, and the two times I've tried the dongle wins and gets da0 and
the boot stops as it can't find the root partitions.

This is in a nanobsd install, so I'm not sure if labels would work
as nanobsd is set up to use device names.

Thanks,

Gary