Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2017 12:48:13 +0000
From:      Grzegorz Junka <list1@gjunka.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   A web server behind two gateways?

Hello,

I have a jail running a web server in LAN. There are two routers/WANs
that can connect LAN to the internet. I enabled NAT and port forwarding
to the web server on both routers.

The problem is that the web server responds to requests only from one
router at a time depending on the default gateway set on the jail's
host. If the default gateway is set as router 1 then the web page can be
opened only through WAN1 and vice versa.

Can I configure either router/host/jail so that the web server sends the
response back to the IP that sent the request packet rather than to the
default gateway?

And a bonus question, how can I configure two jails so that each jail
sends packets to a different gateway (which may or may not be the same
as the jails' host's default gateway)?

Thanks
Grzegorz