Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2017 12:14:29 -0800
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@freebsd.org>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of OpenJDK 9 on FreeBSD

On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 12:02:01PM +0100, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is the status of the upcoming OpenJDK 9 for FreeBSD, compared to the
> other platforms? Is there any help needed?
>
> Palle

The BSD port is severely out of date at the moment wrt JDK9.  Our repo is
at build 119 whereas the official release is build 160, or something like
that.  So it is badly in need of updating.  That is a non-trivial amount
of work at this point.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org