Date:      Sun, 26 Feb 2017 00:06:56 +0000
From:      RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spamassassin does not list all required packages (3.4.1_9)

On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 12:34:54 -0800
Chris H wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Feb 2017 11:50:50 -0500 (EST) "Igor R."
> <freebsd@str.komkon.org> wrote
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > As far as I can tell, spamassassin-3.4.1_9 does not list all
> > required p5 packages, which results in 3 error messages
> > in /var/log/maillog upon starting the package:
 spamd starts and seemingly works (maybe not fully?).

> > Installing the three packages by hand got rid of the error messages.
> > p5-Net-IDN-Encode
> > p5-URI
> > p5-Net-LibIDN
> >

> This seems worthy of a pr(1).
> Could you create one for it, please
> (https://bugs.freebsd.org/bugzilla/)?

I'm not seeing these errors, but I'm guessing that they are caused by
the OP using an internationalized domain name somewhere in the SA
configuration. Most likely the name of server that spamd runs on.

The warning is coming from a file installed by the perl library port
security/p5-IO-Socket-SSL which has an IDN option that is off by
default. Possibly this should be on by default.