Date:      Sun, 9 Apr 2017 07:57:52 +0000
From:      Manish Jain <bourne.identity@hotmail.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 'pkg install' complains txz not found

From: owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org [owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.=
org] on behalf of Matthew Seaman [matthew@FreeBSD.org]
Sent: 09 April 2017 00:13
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

On 08/04/2017 14:24, Manish Jain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running FreeBSD 11 p1 on my tertiary (amd64) system. On this box, 'p=
kg search _xyz_' works normally, but 'pkg install _xyz_' always returns wit=
h the error :

> pkg: http://pkg.FreeBSD.org/FreeBSD:11:amd64/quarterly/All/_xyz_<version>=
.txz: Not Found

> I tried chromium and en_GB-libreoffice for _xyz_. When pkg retrned the er=
ror for chromium, I built www/chromium from ports successfully (in about 12=
 hours). I thought this was a one-off problem for chromium, but I now get t=
he error for en_GB-libreoffice too. So obviously there is problem with pkg =
on this box. I already tried 'pkg update', which returns normally.

> Can anyone give me a clue as to how to fix pkg on this box ?

Is this using the default pkg configuration?

Try 'pkg update -f' to make sure that your local copy of the package
catalogue is in synch with what is on the repos.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

Hi Matthew,

'pkg update -f' did the trick for me. Thanks a lot !

Manish Jain