Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2017 23:06:43 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   BlueBorne

Hi,

I suppose Those Who Need To Know would be onto this, but apart from this
newspaper article the other day, I've come across no other mention.

"Bluetooth flaw allows airborne viruses silently to attack
internet-enabled devices"

<http://www.smh.com.au/technology/consumer-security/bluetooth-flaw-allows-airborne-viruses-silently-to-attack-internetenabled-devices-20170914-gyh5o0.html>;

I know very little about Bluetooth, only recently starting to use it
myself between a couple of phones, but the linked-to PDF paper I found
interesting and informative, if not perhaps being overly alarmist?

<http://go.armis.com/hubfs/BlueBorne%20Technical%20White%20Paper.pdf>;

Does this / might this / could this impact on FreeBSD's bt stack?  I
flipped through https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bluetooth/
's last year pretty quickly, there's not a lot there.  After reading the
paper I wouldn't dare try diving into this stack, I'd never get back ..

cheers, Ian