Date:      Tue, 23 Oct 2018 08:23:27 +0000
From:      "Amartya, Shreyank" <Shreyank.Amartya@amd.com>
To:        "freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   eMMC AMD platform

Hi,

I have an AMD eMMC 5.0 controller connected to an eMMC device.
I recently got around to enabling HS400 mode but the performance is still s=
ame what I was getting in HS200 mode.
Is there a way to verify the HS400 mode is active?

Patch for enabling HS400: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D17644

In order to enable the HS400 mode I had to clear the Sampling clock select =
bit (Host control 2 register) and then set it later (as part of the patch).
Now, I suspect that this led to reset of the tuning circuit and that even t=
hough HS400 mode is enabled, since it is not tuned, I do not see increase i=
n performance. Could that be a possibility?

There is a similar patch for linux and I've tried it, it works on my board =
with HS400 mode (~200 MB/s), measured using iozone.
Linux patch: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10086747/

Thanks
Shreyank Amartya