Date:      Sun, 9 Sep 2018 11:34:58 +1000
From:      Richard Perini <rpp@ci.com.au>
To:        Matt Churchyard <churchers@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting valid JSON output with xo(1)

On Sat, Sep 08, 2018 at 02:41:10PM +0100, Matt Churchyard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this is the wrong list, I wasn't sure which was the most
> appropriate.
>
> I've been asked to look at generating machine output from vm-bhyve using
> xo(1), and though it would be an interesting task. However, I'm coming
> across a few issues getting valid output. I've reduced my code down to the
> following example -

[ ... ]

I've never used xo but have used "jo" to perform similar tasks.

	https://github.com/jpmens/jo

Its JSON only. I don't think there's a port for it, but it builds simply
on FreeBSD-10 through FreeBSD-12.

Richard Perini
Ramico Australia Pty Ltd   Sydney, Australia   rpp@ci.com.au  +61 2 9552 5500
"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory there is no
 difference, but in practice there is"