Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2018 02:22:25 +0100
From:      Daniel Sharoh <d.sharoh@donders.ru.nl>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changes in porting based on new freeBSD support model?

Hello,

Sorry if this is question is not supposed to go here. I've been using the
freeBSD PPC port as a desktop since 10.3, which is now EoL. I see freeBSD
follows a new support model, but given the tier 2 status of the PPC port,
it is unclear to me how closely work for PPC tracks fully supported
architectures. Is there conventional wisdom about when upgrading PPC
freeBSD is sensible? It took a good deal of effort to build a working
system on this old iMac G5, and I'm not sure attempting an upgrade is worth
it if the main development target is the newer POWER systems.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Sharoh
Donders Centre for Cognitive Neuroimaging