Date:      Wed, 1 Aug 2018 19:02:32 +0000
From:      David Hutchinson <d.hutchinson@live.com>
To:        "freebsd-riscv@freebsd.org" <freebsd-riscv@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Trouble following build  instructions on Risc-V wiki page

I've been trying to build Risc-V, following the instructions on the Wiki pa=
ge at https://wiki.freebsd.org/riscv and have encountered a few problems:

First, using the pre-packaged cross-compile tools, buildworld eventually fa=
ils with an "undefined reference _Unwind_Resume" error (Sorry. I didn't rec=
ord where, and I've since wiped and started anew with the hand-built cross-=
compile tools

Second, the final step in the build toolchain section (the mv ${PREFIX}/lib=
/gcc/riscv64-unknown-freebsd11.2/8.1.0/include-fixed ${PREFIX}/lib/gcc/risc=
v64-unknown-freebsd11.2/8.1.0/include-fixed.rm
) gives a file not found error, as there is no include-fixed file or direct=
ory.

Third, the instructions to build world fail at make, because the instructio=
ns refer to FreeBSD-12.0 as the build tools (i.e. setenv CROSS_BINUTILS_PRE=
FIX $PREFIX/riscv64-unknown-freebsd12.0/bin/ ), when FreeBSD-11.2 tools are=
 built. I've made changes, and am now doing the make buildworld part.

I was going to see what works, and if I was successful, maybe think about m=
aking changes to the wiki page if I felt confident in my solution, but, wel=
l,  the captcha generator doesn't work, so I can't=20
Create an account.

Thanks
David  Hutchinson