Date:      Sun, 29 Sep 2019 11:41:07 +0300
From:      Subbsd <subbsd@gmail.com>
To:        Henry Vogt <hv@tuebingen.mpg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: booting freebsd-current as bhyve vm w/GPT+UEFI fails on freebsd hosts

On Sat, Sep 28, 2019 at 3:44 PM Henry Vogt <hv@tuebingen.mpg.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> installation went fine on hosts running
>
> -FreeBSD 12.0-BETA2
>
> -FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT #1 r352544
>
>  but rebooting just results in (using the vm console command)
>
> -- snip
>
> Boot Failed. EFI DVD/CDROM
> Boot Failed. EFI Misc Device
> .~
> [EOT]
>
> -- snip
>
> Is this known - did i miss something ?

try comparing bhyve arguments from sysutils/cbsd where it works. As
far as I know, 'vm console' is a vm-bhyve command and it is used for
access through the serial port.
This works when the virtual machine is booted in non GOP-mode
(grub-bhyve, bhyveload). Therefore, the right arguments play a role
here and it could be a vm-bhyve problem.
If you want more people to be able to check the problem, do not use
any wrappers. Try running according to official information:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/virtualization-host-bhyve.html