Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2020 11:34:42 +0530
From:      Rajesh Kumar <rajfbsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to build a out-of-box network module with RSS

Hi,

I am writing a network driver. I am trying to test with RSS feature. I see
the default kernel config doesn't have RSS included.  So, I built a custom
kernel with the following options set and installed the kernel with a
different name

options PCBGROUP
options RSS

After booting to the custom kernel, I am trying to build my network module
with opt_rss.h in my makefile.  But I don't see  "#define RSS 1" in
opt_rss.h in my module object directory.  But I see it defined the custom
kernel OBJ directory.

So, should I build my network modules as inbuilt module to have it work
with RSS? Or anyway I can build my module out-of-box with RSS?

Please let me know if any details needed.

Thanks,
Rajesh.