Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 2020 13:24:33 -0700
From:      Greg Steuck <greg@nest.cx>
To:        haskell@freebsd.org, arrowd@freebsd.org
Cc:        Matthias Kilian <kili@outback.escape.de>
Subject:   Experience with cabal v2-build ports

Hello Gleb,

I was delighted to find FreeBSD already executed the transition to building
ports with cabal which I'm contemplating for OpenBSD:
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=159337166404423&w=2

I read through the recent archive of this mailing list. I didn't notice any
complaints about the new approach except for an occasional question about
how to use the mechanism. Did you have any regrets about the transition?
Any rough edges you'd caution against? Did xmonad users stage a revolt
somewhere I didn't find? :)

Thanks
Greg
--