Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 2020 13:18:08 +0200
From:      Julien Cigar <julien@perdition.city>
To:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   VNET jails + VLAN over LAGG

Hello,

I've a lagg0 interface with three ports: igb0,igb1,igb2 (with LACP). On
top of that I've several VLAN interfaces: vlan10, vlan11, vlan12 with
vlandev lagg0. All those vlans have ip addresses and one of them shares
also a vhid (through CARP).
Translated in ifconfig/rc.conf it gives (1)

Currently I've several jails, all non-VNET, and I'd like to add a bunch
of VNET jails through epair and bridge. I'm wondering how should it be
done regarding the VLAN/LAGG interface(s).. (given that non-VNET jails
should continue to work too)?

Some things I wonder:
- If I'm adding a vlan interface to a bridge, I guess the IP addresses
  should be moved to the bridge, right? How will behave the non-VNET
  jails..? How will behave the vhid on the HOST? Should I add a tap
  interface in the HOST on top of the bridge too?

- From what I can read the best is to create one bridge per vlan, adding
  the corresponding HOST vlan and the epairxa, is this correct?

Thanks,
Julien

(1) https://gist.githubusercontent.com/silenius/6066696fe78c95177548319f125d9c44/raw/0319e4d1cad33201ea66e2258a74f8349116fbc9/gistfile1.txt

--