Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 2020 11:43:43 -0400
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Subject:   Min. ports needed for headless AWT/Swing

I have a java application that works fine with setenv DISPLAY :0.0 on my
desktop FreeBSD 12.1 (amd64) [with Xfce4] but when I attempt to run the
same app on a VM that has the minimum ports needed to install OpenJDK 8 and
Tomcat I get an exception saying that it can't connect to the X server even
though I did setenv DISPLAY desktop:0.0 (and xhost + on the desktop).
Note it is the same user on both machines (NIS/NFS password DB/home dirs)
doing the running on both machines but is a different user then the one
logged in at the console (I do all my development in a separate account)