Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2020 13:44:53 -0500
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pfg@FreeBSD.org>
To:        office@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Python3 and Apache OpenOffice

Hi;

When I was involved in Apache OpenOffice, I committed patches so that
OpenOffice would work with Python3. Unfortunately the build with the
external python3 broke around Python 3.6 and the commit logs left no
reference on what went wrong so upstream never got a log to know what
was wrong.

Since Python 2.7 is deprecated now, and AOO has no option to completely
disable Python, we either need patches to fix the build with recent
python (ideal) or we should deprecate AOO. I suspect the other option,
having AOO install its own python is undesired.

Regards,

Pedro.