Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 2020 10:57:50 +0200
From:      Christian Jeannot <info@os-plus.org>
To:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   bhyve with AMD Ryzen 3900X and MSI MEG ACE X570

Hi Community,

I am testing bhyve from FreeBSD 12.1 RELEASE.

My environment:
- CPU: AMD Ryze 3900X
- Mainboard: MSI MEG ACE X570, Default settings, latest BIOS 7C35v18
- RAM: G.Skill RipJaws V DIMM Kit 64GB, DDR4-3200, CL16-18-18-38
- GPU: Sapphire Nitro RX 5700XT

I checked the settings in the BIOS. Virtualization options are enabled.
SVM is enabled.

I follow the instruction from the FreeBSD handbook „21.7. FreeBSD as a
Host with bhyve“.

When I run
     kldload vmm
I got an output that SVM is disabled by BIOS. When I check the BIOS it
is enabled.

When I try to start the VM with the example script I got the output
     vm_create device not configured

Did I miss something to configure?

Does anyone has a Ryzen CPU and a actual MSI mainboard successfully run
bhyve?

Best regards

—Christian
christian jeannot