Date:      Sun, 14 Jun 2020 15:19:29 +0200
From:      Denis Salopek <denissal@freebsd.org>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   [GSoC'20 Weekly update #2] - NetFPGA SUME reference NIC device driver

Following the SUME Linux driver code, I started to do simple steps to
initialize the necessary resources (buffers, DMA, network interfaces...) in
order to enable the communication with the board.

I managed to implement basic reading/writing from/to a SUME register. The
interrupt handlers and locking mechanisms are still not implemented so this
works only for simple one-shot read/write operations.

The next step is obviously figuring out interrupts/locking so it can be
done for real.

More details on my github repo:
https://github.com/denisSal/freebsd-sume

Regards,