Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 2021 16:55:44 +0000
From:      Johannes Totz <johannes@jo-t.de>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD's memory encryption (aka SME)

On 10/01/2021 15:33, Johannes Totz wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> does anyone have an opinion on AMD's "Secure Memory Encryption"? This
> transparently encrypts all/most RAM pages.
> Looking at some tech docs, this seems fairly easy to implement.

I took a stab at it https://reviews.freebsd.org/D28635
Doesn't work, haha.

Anyone wanna take a look at let me know what I'm missing?
I don't know how physical pages move around in the VM system. Thought
I'd try to enable encryption for user-mode pages first. But that assumes
those never transition to/from kernel-mode.