Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2023 03:41:32 +0200
From:      "Alfonso S. Siciliano" <alfix86@gmail.com>
To:        Chris Brannon <chris@the-brannons.com>
Cc:        freebsd-accessibility@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for testing: portoptscli

On 31/08/2023 11:28, Chris Brannon wrote:
> "Alfonso S. Siciliano" <alfix86@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> Some time ago I announced my intention to implement a new utility to
>> configure ports interactively via a CLI [1]. Because other tools use
>> TUI and seem unsuitable for speech synthesizers.
>
> Hello Alfonso,
> This is pretty great.  I just took it for a spin and configured two
> ports: speech-dispatcher (uncomplicated, only one list) and
> ungoogled-chromium (three lists).  It works beautifully, and I love the
> interface.
>
> Thus far, I've only used it over ssh.  First with a Linux screenreader
> on the computer I'm in front of right now, and then using the Prompt app
> on iOS.  I don't have high expectations for terminal screen reading on
> my iPhone.  It works well with command-response programs though, and
> this one was no exception.
> portoptscli is going to play nicely with just about any terminal screenreader
> ever made.
>
> -- Chris

Thank you for your review.
Now portoptscli is in the Ports Collection repository [1], so it can be
installed using:
# cd /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portoptscli/ && make install clean
or
# pkg install portoptscli

Of course new ideas, feedback, and suggestions are always welcome.

[1] https://www.freshports.org/ports-mgmt/portoptscli/

Best regards,
Alfonso