Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 2023 15:26:30 -0800
From:      Rick Macklem <rick.macklem@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Heads up: vnet'ng of NFS server turned on

Commit ed03776ca7f4 enabled the NFSD_VNET, KRPC_VNET
and KGSS_VNET macros. Kernels built with "options VIMAGE"
now have a bunch of global variables used by the NFS server
vnet'd.

It is not quite ready to run the NFS server in a vnet prison.
There are still a couple of patches in D37741 and D38371
needed to allow mountd(8) to run in a vnet prison and do
exports within that prison. Once these patches are
reviewed/committed a simple patch to kern_jail.c to
enable "allow.nfsd" without VNET_NFSD defined will
complete the kernel changes needed;

All that is needed in userland are some small tweaks to
the /etc/rc.d scripts (mostly removing the "nojail" keyword)/

I do not think this will cause problems, but it has been a
fairly large volume of changes.

Email me if you see problems that you think might be
related to these changes.

rick