Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2023 16:01:27 +0100
From:      Frank Leonhardt <freebsd-doc@fjl.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD boot problem with Intel Atom C5000 Parker Ridge

--------------9e6J0PtjdUmJrUZebtg1b8Eo

On 11/10/2023 15:54, Jan Bramkamp wrote:
> On 28.07.23 11:31, Thomas Niedermeier wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm writing you about some issue I had while testing a Atom SoC Board.
>> It is equipped with the new generation Intel C5000 Parker Ridge series.
>> In this specific case the Intel Atom Processor C5315.

A long shot but I had similar weirdness with a number of Celeron based
micro-servers. They just stopped mysteriously during the boot if there
was a keyboard plugged in to the USB - and IIRC - any other USB device.
This was, I think, on just one hub. The workaround was to unplug
everything, boot, and then plug it back in.

Old hardware. Old version of FreeBSD. Never found the exact cause. But
worth a try?

--------------9e6J0PtjdUmJrUZebtg1b8Eo

  <head>
  </head>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:e22348e9-aef0-46c5-8087-e73984d58103@rlwinm.de">
        wrote:<br>
        cite="mid:0d3fecf084824f01ba7f9fb38d845925@thomas-krenn.com">
          charset=UTF-8">
style="font-size:12pt;color:#000000;font-family:Calibri,Helvetica,sans-serif;"
          dir="ltr">
            I'm writing you about some issue I had while testing a
            Atom SoC Board.<br>
            It is equipped with the new generation Intel C5000 Parker
            Ridge series.<br>
            In this specific case the Intel Atom Processor C5315.<br>
      based micro-servers. They just stopped mysteriously during the
      boot if there was a keyboard plugged in to the USB - and IIRC -
      any other USB device. This was, I think, on just one hub. The
      workaround was to unplug everything, boot, and then plug it back
      in.</p>
      cause. But worth a try?</p>

--------------9e6J0PtjdUmJrUZebtg1b8Eo--