Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 2021 22:57:48 -0800
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@freebsd.org>
To:        Juniffer Echavez Murillo <juniffer.murillo@lexmark.com>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.org" <questions@freebsd.org>, "gjb@FreeBSD.org" <gjb@freebsd.org>, "kib@FreeBSD.org" <kib@freebsd.org>, "blackend@FreeBSD.org" <blackend@freebsd.org>, "delphij@FreeBSD.org" <delphij@freebsd.org>, "cperciva@FreeBSD.org" <cperciva@freebsd.org>, "hrs@FreeBSD.org" <hrs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: "Unable to find device node for /dev/ad6s1b in /dev!" when installing FreeBSD 8.4

  Hi,

On Fri, Dec 03, 2021 at 06:46:10AM +0000, Juniffer Echavez Murillo wrote:
J> I'm Juniffer, a Test Engineer at Lexmark Research and Development Corporation. I need to setup the IPv6 test certification tool (https://www.ipv6ready.org.cn/home/views/default/resource/logo/phase2-core/index.htm) in FreeBSD and the last confirmed version where the tool is working is 8.4.
J>
J> While installing the said version on a Dell Latitude E7240 via USB or DVD, I encountered the error in the subject line. I am not really a UNIX or a FreeBSD guy. Could someone help me figure out how to resolve my issue? Is my laptop not compatible with this version? Any suggestion on what specific PC or laptop I could use for this version?
J>
J> Your response is much appreciated. Thanks in advance! Keep safe!

FreeBSD 8 is a historic version. Just install modern release of FreeBSD and
run this test certification tool on it. If you got problems with this old
program running on modern FreeBSD, forward your questions to net@FreeBSD.org.

Please don't email-bomb a semi-random list of people with your questions.

--
Gleb Smirnoff