Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2023 21:43:16 -0700
From:      Colin Percival <cperciva@freebsd.org>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>, freebsd-snapshots@freebsd.org, "freebsd-cloud@freebsd.org" <freebsd-cloud@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New FreeBSD snapshots available: main (20231005 8818f0f1124e)

On 10/5/23 14:43, Glen Barber wrote:
> === Amazon EC2 AMI Images ===
>
> FreeBSD/amd64 EC2 AMI IDs can be retrieved from the Systems Manager
> Parameter Store in each region using the keys:
>
> 	/aws/service/freebsd/amd64/base/ufs/15.0/CURRENT
> 	/aws/service/freebsd/amd64/base/zfs/15.0/CURRENT
>
> FreeBSD/aarch64 EC2 AMI IDs can be retrieved from the Systems Manager
> Parameter Store in each region using the keys:
>
> 	/aws/service/freebsd/aarch64/base/ufs/15.0/CURRENT
> 	/aws/service/freebsd/aarch64/base/zfs/15.0/CURRENT

Also, we have images with all of those paths with "base" replaced by
"cloud-init" -- we're now building (experimental!) cloud-init AMIs.  These
will also
be present (hopefully!) in tomorrow's 14.0-BETA5 builds.

On my to-do list (but almost certainly not arriving until after 14.0-RELEASE)
are ami-builder (which I've built manually after the fact until now), minimal
(no debug symbols, and possibly with other things removed, I haven't decided
yet), and patched (automatically re-rolled to have the latest security updates
applied).

These are, of course, subject to me finding time to work on this stuff.

--
Colin Percival
FreeBSD Deputy Release Engineer & EC2 platform maintainer