Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 1995 20:02:02 -0700
From:      nate@sneezy.sri.com (Nate Williams)
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel build fails?

Justin T. Gibbs writes:

> Today's kernel falls over for me:

> tty.o: Definition of symbol `_ttydefchars' (multiply defined)
> tcp_output.o: Definition of symbol `_tcp_outflags' (multiply defined)
> tcp_subr.o: Definition of symbol `_tcp_outflags' (multiply defined)
> sio.o: Definition of symbol `_ttydefchars' (multiply defined)
> *** Error code 1
>
> Is this related to Nate's ld changes?  I did a make world last night, so
> this should be with the new ld.

Okay, this should be fixed now.  The definition of tcp_outflags wasn't
needed in tcp_subr.c, and I changed the declaration of ttydefchars to
static per Bruce Evans suggestion.  There needs to be a better solution
to the ttydefchars problem (and others) since we really shouldn't be
declaring data inside of .h files, but this is the best fix proposed
that solves the broken kernel build problems which doesn't break the
user-land code.

Again, I'm sorry I didn't catch this sooner, but everything seems to be
working on my box again after testing this stuff out.

Nate