Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 2002 13:38:10 -0700
From:      paul beard <pdb2@u.washington.edu>
To:        George Vagner <george@vagner.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world script

George Vagner wrote:
> I am looking for a script that I can run a cron on that will
> update my sources and ports, build world, kernel and install everything
> without touching my network settings so i can get back in later.
>
> doing everything remotely is a pain and I would like to stay "stable".

20 4 * * * /usr/local/bin/cvsup -L 2 -g /root/ports-supfile &&
/usr/local/bin/cvsup -L 2 -g /root/stable-supfile && portupgrade
-aP && cd /usr/src && make buildkernel KERNCONF=<your kernel
config file>

That's all I could dare to do without watching it happen. I think
doing a kernel install and build/installworld hands-free is asking
for trouble.

--
Paul Beard / 8040 27th Ave NE / Seattle WA 98115 /
paulbeard [at] mac [ dot] com / 206 529 8400

weblog @ <http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/movabletype/>;

Egotist, n.:
	A person of low taste, more interested in himself than me.