Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 18:12:04 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Lars Fredriksen <fredriks@Mcs.Net>
Cc:        lars@fredriks-1.pr.mcs.net, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Recent (last two days) smp kernel is hanging for me

Lars,

>	Well I guess I didn't try hard enough. A complete poweroff seemed
>to have fixed the video controller. The only thing I can think off here
>is that the Imagine-128-2 doesn't alway initialize correctly. There are some
>issues with the X server for that cards in other areas. So it appears that
>The only problem right now is my mptable. I'll send you a hard copy of the
>BIOS manual first thing in the morning.

this is good news, I was at a complete loss for a way to associate the APIC
code and failure of a VGA card to operate (short of a special case like
the MPEG hardware mentioned by an earlier poster).

HINT-HINT: I still need mptable outputs for supermicro MBs from others
running SMP on them!

--
Steve Passe	| powered by