Date:      Tue, 30 Sep 1997 18:56:46 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Tomi Vainio <tomppa@fidata.fi>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fxtv and Millenium picture position

Randall Hopper writes:
 > Tomi Vainio:
 >  |I got new graphics card Matrox Millennium II 8M.  XFree bpp24 mode
 >  |isn't working yet so I'm running this on bpp32 mode.  Now I can't get
 >  |fxtv DGA feed inside it's window.  Only 1/3 of picture appears inside
 >  |window so this seems 24/32 bit packing problem.  I have tried to play
 >  |with these Bpp??bit and *swap*Bpp options without any success.  Do you
 >  |any idea how should I set these?
 >
 > Are you by chance running @ 1280x1024?  Michael Petry and Kenneth Merry
 > reported this behavior running 24bpp on their Matrox boards.  They said
 > 1024 worked OK.  Sounds like an XTranslateCoordinates problem @ 1280.

Michael's original massage said bpp of 4 and also my problems appears
only if I start X with -bpp32 option.  Fxtv works just fine with
bbp24.  If you have only 4M of video memory you even can't test
1280x1024x32bpp.  Michael's +256 fix is working here also.

XFree86 Version 3.3.1 / X Window System
Release Date: August 4 1997
(--) SVGA: PCI: Matrox MGA 2164W rev 0, Memory @ 0xfa000000, 0xf8800000
(!!) SVGA: Support for the Millennium II in this release
(!!) SVGA: is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and largely untested
(!!) SVGA:    ===================     ================
(--) SVGA: Linear framebuffer at 0xFA000000
(--) SVGA: MMIO registers at 0xF8800000
(--) SVGA: Video BIOS info block at 0x000c7dc0
(--) SVGA: chipset:  mga2164w
(--) SVGA: videoram: 8192k
(**) SVGA: Option "dac_8_bit"
(**) SVGA: Using 32 bpp, Depth 24, Color weight: 888

  Tomppa
--
Tomi Vainio              Mail: tomppa@iki.fi      Phone: +358 (0)50 1529