Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 1997 00:35:39 +0800 (SGT)
From:      sweeting@tm.net.my
To:        info@healthnet-sl.es
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading to 2.1.7 without using a floppy

i was trying to upgrade from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7 by reconfiguring the kernel with
the source for the latter...
after 6 failed attempts (due to DST / TIMEZONE errors in the  build process)
i gave up and reinstalled 2.1.7 from scratch...

By downloading all the desired 2.1.7 bin archives to a DOS partition in advance,
the reinstallation was over in 15-20 minutes - FreeBSD is the most
amazing OS i have ever seen in its installation procedure.

Just own experience.... maybe you will have better luck with upgrading
the kernel but i wasted 16 hours trying it and wouldn't like to see anyone
else go through that too.

chas

ps.
Just want to say a huge thanks to all the FreeBSD gurus who make this OS
what it is and also who give the best support ever, as well as all other
kind souls who take time to offer help and advice.  Thank you.