Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:13:32 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        lasta@nostroid.force9.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   vid cards for x-windows/freebsd (was Re: A question)

On 27 Apr 99, at 21:09, lasta@nostroid.force9.co.uk wrote:

> I have been reading the links from FreeBSD and it sounds like a good
> system to have.I would like to find out more about it before I buy it.
> Hence this question.

I hope you know that you can try it before you buy it?  In fact, you don't
have to buy it.  If you can download the 23M or so for the first install.
If not, well, yes, perhaps buying the CDs are your best bet.

> X windows system runs on top of the FreeBSD so in fact all the cards
> supported by X windows system are supported by FreeBSD?

Sorry, I can't help you with that.  But probably someone else well.  But
I've renamed the topic so it reflects the question
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd/