Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:00:21 GMT
From:      dodo1122 <dodo1122@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: amd64/147926: system freezes due to heavy io to the disks

The following reply was made to PR amd64/147926; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: dodo1122 <dodo1122@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:27:58 +0100

 --0015174c16be1d81ad0489663bf5

 > You haven't let us know some important details.
 > What disk controller do you have?
 > What driver do you use for it (if there are multiple choices)?

 Yeah sorry, completely forgot about this. My motherboard has the Intel
 X58/ICH10R chipset. Currently I'm using the ahci driver, but the problems
 started while I was using the normal ata driver (which caused me to switch
 the driver in the first place). Changing from ahci to ide emulation in bios
 does not help either.

 > P.S. Why did you file this bug under amd64 category? Have you tested how
 i386
 > version of FreeBSD works on the same machine and came to conclusion that
 it's
 > only amd64 version that is affected?

 Sorry about this, I guess I should've filed it under misc category as I
 didn't test on i386 at all. It was pretty late at night over here when I
 filed this pr...

 --0015174c16be1d81ad0489663bf5

 &gt;=C2=A0You haven&#39;t let us know some important details.<div>&gt; What=
  disk controller do you have?</div><div>&gt; What driver do you use for it =
 etely forgot about this. My motherboard has the Intel X58/ICH10R chipset. C=
 urrently I&#39;m using the ahci driver, but the problems started while I wa=
 s using the normal ata driver (which caused me to switch the driver in the =
 first place). Changing from ahci to ide emulation in bios does not help eit=
 her.</div>
 g under amd64 category? Have you tested how i386</div><div>&gt; version of =
 FreeBSD works on the same machine and came to conclusion that it&#39;s</div=

 ry about this, I guess I should&#39;ve filed it under misc category as I di=
 dn&#39;t test on i386 at all. It was pretty late at night over here when I =
 filed this pr...</div>

 --0015174c16be1d81ad0489663bf5--