Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 08:57:48 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper)
Cc:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: guspnp9: strange dma #s in probe output

> I noticed that in the verbose probe output from the sound driver, that
> there are "two" DMAs being printed for the "sb" and "sbxvi" devices.  They
> each only use one.
>
> The should be sb = 1 and sbxvi = 5.  It's printing sb = 1,7; sbxvi = 5,7.
>
> Does this indicate a problem, or should I ignore it?

I think I know where the problem is. The "flags" field is misused
to hold the secondary dma channel, but originally 0 meant no
secondary dma. Now it appears that some PnP cards that I have
default to use DMA 0 as the secondary DMA, so I had to patch the
code in order to make this possible. The solution I used was to
use the low three bits as dma address, and an additional bit to
flag that the secondary dma address was used. Because of this
masking, the "-1" which is the internal representation of "no
secondary dma" has become 7.

This might or might not cause problems later, so better check it.
Thanks for pointing this out.

	Cheers
	Luigi