Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 12:58:32 +0300
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dhcp boot was: Re: diskless workstation

In message <200009211658.JAA00670@mass.osd.bsdi.com>you write:
}> In message <200009210648.XAA02252@mass.osd.bsdi.com>you write:
}>
}> }Mostly I guess I'd really like it to simply save *all* of the DHCP
}> }response in the environment.  Just "dhcp.xxx" where xxx is the parameter
}> }value would probably do it, or we can argue about names for everything if
}> }there aren't established names already.
}> }
}> what's in a name ;-)
}> the dhcp.xxx stuff is easy, the problem is that the DHCP options are not
}> enough, so im trying to look into defining a FBSDclass ala PXEClient, and
}> supplying stuff like usr-ip/usr-path swap-ip/swap-path or whatever.
}

ok, so now i can setenv(dhc.xxx, val).

I would very much like to make them available as sysctl dhcp.xxx, the only
problem, is that the sysctl interface is prety much static, so has anybody
lookeed into making it 'dynamic'?, ie: malloc'ing structs and linking them
into the mid ...