Date:      Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:03:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't make INDEX-5

For some reason, I have not been able to build the INDEX-5 file on my
5.2-CURRENT system.  When I execute "make index" in the ports directory, I get
the "Generating INDEX-5 - please wait.. " message, and about 30-45 mins later
I get the "Done." message.  But the INDEX-5 file is always 0 bytes in size.

This makes it impossible to use "make search" or portversion (can't build the
portsdb from a 0-byte file).  The system seems to be doing something, and the
date/timestamp on the INDEX-5 file gets updated ... yet there's nothing
inside.

This is a 1 GHz Celeron laptop with 256 MB RAM.

FreeBSD spark.sd73.bc.ca 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #1: Sat Feb  7
21:14:11 PST 2004     root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SPARK  i386

I've cvsup'd the ports tree a couple times now, always with the same result.
The last time I got a working INDEX-5 file was last Sunday.

Any ideas, hints, suggestions, questions, solutions???

--
Freddie Cash
fcash-ml@sd73.bc.ca