Date:      Tue, 7 Aug 2001 13:24:46 -0700
From:      chip.wiegand@simrad.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sudo Was: Re: Solved: Was:Re: root/superuser account - big problem - please help

First, my apologies for top-posting, I am stuck with Lotus Notes and it
sucks for an email client
(here at work). I don't know if it handles inline replies properly.
I have heard of but not tried sudo. You mention that it allows the user to
do everything the root
can do, but without the password. Is this a good thing? I can't imagine
how. Why not just use the
root account? I wouldn't want to configure any group to do everything root
can do, considering
 the other person who needs to be in that group. (He's only there in case I
leave this place, and is
clueless in anything other than NT.)
I just installed sudo since writing that last paragraph, so I'll be trying
it.
Regards,
Chip

m p <sumirati@yahoo.de> on 08/07/2001 08:07:47 PM