Date:      Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:57:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Simon1 <simon1@server.simon1.net>
To:        C KH <dubbified@hotmail.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Can't connect to DNS servers -- Firewall prob?

Make sure your box has permission to connect /to/ these systems. The rules
below allow the DNS servers to send things *to* your box, but don't allow
your box to send things TO those servers. You need to give
your box the ability to send the request /out/ to them in the first place.

The hostname hangup is due to it trying to resolve the domain. Once you
get the DNS resolving that problem will disappear.