Date:      Tue, 25 Oct 2011 22:34:39 +0200
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   iotop (dtrace?)

I've got two systems with a constantly high rate of disk I/O that =
sometimes seems to be overwhelmed from it.  Before trying to decide if a =
hardware upgrade will help, I'd like to figure out which processes =
generate the load.

I've found a couple scripts named iotop which appear to produce what I =
would be interested in, but they appear to require Solaris or Linux.=20

Has someone ported over one of them, or would have a suggestion how to =
go about writing a custom dtrace script to gather this kind of =
information?

I can successfully run a couple of sample dtrace scripts on these =
8-stable amd64 boxes.

Thanks,
Stefan

Solaris dtrace-based iotop: =