Date:      Sat, 26 May 2012 13:41:05 +0200
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kldxref: /boot/kernel/kernel: too many sections

Hello,

while updating my system I got the following error message while make
installworld:

===> syscons/green (install)
install -o root -g wheel -m 555   green_saver.ko /boot/kernel
install -o root -g wheel -m 555   green_saver.ko.symbols /boot/kernel
kldxref /boot/kernel
kldxref: /boot/kernel/kernel: too many sections
kldxref: error while reading /boot/kernel/kernel: Bad address
su:/usr/src$

I tried to remove the /usr/obj and remake the kernel by make buildkernel
again but the error remains.
I use 8.2-STABLE with a freshly updated RELENG_8 src.

I do not build all kernel modules so I have the following in my make.conf
MODULES_OVERRIDE = nfsserver linux linprocfs geom/geom_bde syscons/green

However - I don't think this explains the misbehavior of kldxref.

Can anybody give me a hint where to search for the bug?

Best regards,
  Martin Laabs